Target your advertising and measure its effectiveness in real time with digital signage facial recognition using Android devices. Content can be adapted in real-time to the actual audience currently viewing the screen.
signEye is an audience measurement and analysis tool which can be used with the Signbox digital signage system. The system can run on almost any standard Android device using off-the-shelf web cameras for facial detection.
Detailed proof-of-play reports can tell you what type of viewer saw your content AND what was their reaction to it!
For example, you can choose to display one item of content on a particular screen when a happy, young female is looking at the screen and another item of content when an angry, senior male is viewing the screen. Similarly, you can show different things if one person is in front of the screen or if there is a group or crowd. The possibilities are endless.
The signEye system uses a digital camera in conjunction with the latest in facial recognition technology, to identify audience metrics that occur in the field of vision. The digital camera is embedded in the screen frame and will normally be located above or below a digital signage screen, so the recorded metrics are directly related to the content being shown on the digital signage screen in real time.
We prefer using the “C” series web cameras from Logitech along with Minix Android devices as one of the most effective setups.
signEye digital signage facial recognition metrics include:
- Age group (child, young adult, adult, and senior)
- Emotion (happy, neutral, angry, and surprised)
- Total number of people in the vicinity of the screen (possible impressions)
- Total number of people that looked directly at the screen (actual impressions)
- Length of time people spent looking at the screen (length of impression)
- Length of time people spent in the vicinity of the screen (dwell time)