Digital signage and digital-out-of-home (DOOH) media advertising are quickly becoming a popular, and often essential, method of communication across nearly all industries.
Here are five tips to get DOOH media working for your business:
- Create a strategy, establish clear objectives and identify ways to measure results. A marketing strategy using DOOH should include a high level of control and measurability relative to traditional marketing and communications channels.
- Content is King! Make sure that the content on your DOOH network is of high quality, whether it be simple text and images or more complicated 2D motion graphics and 3D animation. Your visual messages should be eye-catching, rich and dynamic.
- Understand the context. Some digital signage media targets people standing in queues, elevators or other “captive” environments – so it’s important to provide content that is not just promotional in nature, but is also entertaining and/or informative. Other DOOH media only has a few seconds of exposure (for example, when customers walk past your storefront) so it’s important that the content is attention-grabbing and gets the message across in those few seconds. Make sure you choose the right digital signage solutions for your business.
- Make it relevant. Remember, DOOH is not just a broadcast, so talk to the individual and ensure the content is relevant to them. For example, target different customers groups by showing different content/messages at different times.
- Change content frequently. In today’s day and age, people expect things to be up-to-date and ever changing. Make sure your digital signs include your latest specials and products, and that you’re not still advertising Christmas trees in February.
For more information on DOOH Media and how it integrates with our solutions, please contact us today by clicking the link below!
Signbox Microsystems Pte Ltd is a Singapore based digital signage company established in 2004. We develop and supply end-to-end interactive network solutions to the digital-out-of-home (DOOH) industry.