Use the Library tab to upload and manage your digital content. The library makes it simple to reuse images and videos. Content only needs to be uploaded to the library once and can then be added to many different sequences quickly and easily. Each item in the library can be shared with multiple users or groups of users and can act as a template supporting modifications such as adding custom text.
The following options are available:
|Click to display the Library item dialog, which enables you to upload content to the platform. Alternatively, drag and drop content over this icon to upload it.|
|Click to display the search field. The items displayed on the tab update as you type. If you have Grid view selected (), a dropdown menu is also displayed. Select one or more groups from this dropdown menu to control which library items are displayed on the Library tab. If you have List view selected (), an additional dropdown menu is displayed. Use this menu to select which columns are displayed in the list.|
|Click to refresh the list or grid to reflect the latest changes.|
|Click to choose how the displayed items are sorted. You can sort by date created, label, data size, resolution, or duration.|
|Click to filter the displayed items by specific values. You can filter by type, resolution, aspect ratio, duration, and condition.|
|Click to display the items in a grid view.|
|Click to display the items in a list view.|
|Click to download a CSV file.|
|When you have one or more group items selected, click this button to display the Multiple selection dialog. Use this dialog to set permissions, add items to a group, and control access to all selected groups.|
|Click to edit, preview, remove, copy, or view the history of an item. In Grid view, this icon is displayed when you move the cursor over an item. From the pop-up menu: Select Edit, to display the Library item dialog. Alternatively, in List view, you can click the item’s label. Select Preview to open a new window and preview the library item. Select Remove to display the Remove item dialog where you can choose to either revoke your user access from the item, or erase the item completely. Select Copy to create a copy of the library item. A Paste item button () is displayed beside the Add new item button (). Click this button to add a copy of the library item to the library. Select Item history to open the Reports > User action report tab.|
Library item dialog
Use the Library item dialog to upload digital content to the platform.
To display this dialog:
- click the Add item button () on the Library tab,
- click the Options button () on a library item and select Edit; or
- click the Add Library item button () on the Sequences tab when the Library panel is displayed.
The following options are available:
Label — Enter a label for the library item. This is the name displayed in the Label column in List view. If this field is left blank, the file’s name is used as the label.
— Click to apply a colour to the library item. This colour is visible when the items are viewed in grid layout andcan help to easily identify items in the library.
Duration — Control how long an image or web page is displayed before progressing to the next item. If a video is uploaded and this field is not modified, it will be populated by the length of the video.
For images the default duration of 10 seconds will be applied.
Select the content to be added to the library. The options available on this tab depend on which display type is selected. There are three display types:
- Single item — Upload a single item to the library. The following options are available.
- Upload item from local computer — Select an item to upload from your computer.
- Import item from remote server — Enter the address of the remote server. The item will be downloaded and stored so it will play offline.
- Link to a web page — Enter the address of the web page. The web page will be loaded and displayed by the player using Android WebView.
- Link to streaming media — Enter the custom streaming address. Ensure the playback device and player supports the stream. For example: http://, rtsp://, hdmi://, camera://, hls-http://, or dash-http://.
- Create with image editor — Open the Image editor so you can modify an item before importing it.
- Build content using another service — Add weather, exchange rates, an RSS feed, or a Twitter feed.
- Inner sequence — Create an inner sequence from a previously created sequence. Select the sequence you want to save as an inner sequence from the dropdown list.
- Multiple items at the same time — Position multiple items or sequences on the screen at once to create a composite item.
If you’re editing an existing library item, the Display tab displays the selected content.
Update sequences containing this item — Check this option to ensure that any changes you make to the library item are carried through to all instances where the item is used in a sequence. This means you only have update one item, even if it is used in multiple locations.
These options are used as defaults when the library item is added to a sequence. They can be customised later. You can add a Start and End date for the item, assign a Custom ID, or add conditions that control when an item is displayed.
Build new condition — Click this button to display the Build new condition dialog, which enables you to construct conditions based on location, audience analytics, scheduling, and frequency.
Using the options on the Events tab, define events that interrupt regular playback. Any events created for a library item are listed on this dialog. If no events have been created, the Trigger and Action columns are empty.
New event — Click to display the Configure event dialog, which you can use to define an event.
Update sequences containing this item — This option is available only if the library item is part of a sequence. Select this option to ensure that your changes carry through to all instances where the item is used in a sequence. If you leave this option unchecked, then any events added to the item won’t be applied in places where this item is already used.
Grant additional users and groups access to the library item and set the access control level.
Users with access to this item
Enter a valid email address, select the access control level, then click Add.
- Full — The user will have full access to the item.
- Read only — The user can only view the item.
Users with access to these groups have access to this item
Enter a valid group name, select the access control level, then click Add.
- Full — Users with access to the selected group have full access to the item.
- Read only — Users with access to the selected group can view the item but not control it.
- Low vis — Users with access to the selected group will not see the item displayed in the full list of items. This can help speed up performance when there are a lot of items. For more information see Low visibility access controls.
Click the Delete button () to remove a user or group from the library item.
Add custom data to the library item. The data may be used in condition evaluation or to store any additional information required.
Use the Image editor to edit images before importing them into the library or directly into a sequence. Images imported with this editor can easily be modified, enabling you to perform quick updates to text or graphics. For example, you could update a menu to display new prices or items.
To display the Image editor:
- Click Create with image editor on the Display tab of either the Library item or Stack item dialog; or,
- Click the Options button () on a stack item or library item and select Image editor.
Note: This option is available only if you’ve previously imported the item using the image editor.
Using the Image editor to import an item
To import an item into your library using the image editor:
- Sign into the admin interface.
- On the top menu bar, click Library.
- On the Library tab, click the Add new item button () to display the Library item dialog.
- On the Display tab:
- Select Single item.
- Select Create with image editor. The Image editor window is displayed.
- In the Image editor, select File > Import Image.
- Select an image from your computer. Files with large dimensions will be automatically reduced in size to 1920×1080 to fit the canvas. This avoids manual resizing.
Note: The image must not exceed 1MB.
- Edit the image using the tools available in the Image editor.
- When you have made your edits, select File > Save to digital signage or press Ctrl+s to import the image into your library.
Editing an item with the Image editor
To update an item that has been imported using the image editor:
- Click the Options button () on a library or stack item. If the item has been imported using the Image editor, there is an Image editor option in the pop-up menu.
- Click Image editor to open the item in the Image editor.
- Edit the image as necessary.
- Click File > Save to digital signage to save your changes and return to the admin interface.
Note: Do not click the back button to return to the admin interface. Click Save to digital signage even if you make no changes, or a broken image link will be imported into the library
- If the item is used in multiple sequences and you want these changes to carry through into all sequences:
- On the Library tab, click the Options button () on the item you’ve edited using Image editor.
- Click Edit on the pop-up menu to display the Library item dialog.
- On the Display tab, select Update sequences containing this item.
- Click Save. Every instance of the item is updated.